Sunday, October 23, 2011

Lord of Ultima : The Best Units for Attack and Defense


It has been a week since I started playing Lord of Ultima. Lord of Ultima gives you a grace period of seven days during which you are protected from any attack. These seven days I've been following this guide, and because of that now I have a pretty strong kingdom (when compared to those around me).

My line of work requires me to be efficient, as well as requires me to find the most efficient ways to make things work. So as I was coming out of the 7 day's protection against attacks I was looking for the most efficient combination of army units to fend off potential attacks as well as prepare myself for any future endeavor I may want to pursue.

This excel sheet summarizes all my research as of 10/23/2011.

The first sheet titled "Units" gives basic descriptions of the units. The second sheet titled "Stats" gives more in-depth stats of the units. The third sheet titled "Stats 2" is a summary of "Stats" and this is where I analyze the efficiency of the units in terms of attack and defense. The fourth sheet titled "Dungeons & Bosses" gives you basic guidelines on raiding, well, dungeons and bosses.

I am going to describe "Stats 2" a little bit and leave the rest up to you to decide.
I have divided the basic units, excluding City Guards and Baron, into 3 groups- soldiers, machines, ships. Among soldiers, Warlocks are the best in attack as well as defense against artillery. Paladins are the best in defense against infantry, mage, and artillery. Crossbowmen are the best against cavalry. Warlocks, Paladins, and Crossbowmen- these three, based on my research, gives you the best and most efficient attack-defense combination of army soldiers. Honorable mentions are Mage and Berserker because of ease of acquisition as well as lower expenditure.
As for machines, Ram, according to statistics, is the most useless one. Both Ballista and Catapult are essential machines for the army and excel in their own ways.
As for ships, I leave the decisions totally up to you. Personally, I favor Sloops and War Galleons. Since Sloops are almost as good as Frigates but cheaper, and you can get them earlier, it makes Frigates useless. War Galleons are more expensive but they are worth it.

Once again, these are just my observational analysis based on the statistics on hand. Hope it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Please do not advertise, or post irrelevant links. Thank you for your cooperation.]