Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dodge: destroy your enemies with their own fire


In Rayhound, your ship has a gravity field that you can activate to redirect your opposition's attacks. In Dodge, however, you don't even get a gravity field - and everyone that shoots at you has loaded their guns with you-seeking munitions.

The graphics are vintage cool, reminding me of games like Asteroids, Tempest, and Battlezone. To advance, just destroy every enemy ship by flying around like a madman and craftily manouvering your ship so as to avoid being hit.

Bob and weave so that you put the bad guys in harm's way, and you'll blast your way through the levels.

After playing for a while, I'm not sure you can actually die. Sure, I think I've been doing a decent job of avoiding things, but I'm positive that my ship shouldn't have lasted through a couple of the levels. At any rate, it's a nice ego stroke.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Please do not advertise, or post irrelevant links. Thank you for your cooperation.]