Saturday, February 18, 2012

Install These SBSettings Toggles And Make Your Life Easier [Cydia Tweak]

Install These SBSettings Toggles And Make Your Life Easier [Cydia Tweak]:

When I first purchased my iPhone 4S, one of the things I missed most was having a jailbreak installed. The phone was lightning fast, and everything worked exactly as advertised, however, I could not shake the feeling that something was missing. Every time I unlocked my iPhone, something just felt wrong.


Thankfully, those problems are behind me, my iPhone is jailbroken again, and I could not be happier. I really felt the lack of a jailbreak when I needed to do something quickly, and could not access my favorite jailbreak tweak – SBSettings.


SBSettings makes life easier. Allowing me to shut off Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and other settings in seconds is one of the most awesome things ever. SBSettings has been around for as long as I can remember, and because of that, developers have come out with all kinds of cool toggles that you can add. Some are great, and some are downright stupid. The ones on this list are great. They are my all time favorite SBSettings toggles, and they will make your life better!


How to add a new toggle


Before I tell you about my favorite toggles, allow me a moment to tell you how to add a new toggle. First, make sure you have SBSettings installed on your iPhone. If you do not, search for SBSettings on Cydia and install it.



Once you have SBSettings installed, simply go to Cydia and search for the toggle you would like to install. Install it and then launch SBSettings settings screen, by either opening the toggle menu and clicking “More” or clicking the icon for SBSettings from the iPhone home screen. From there you click “Set Window Toggles” and turn on the toggle you just installed. After that, if you slide across the status bar, you should see your new toggle.


Default


Even if you just install SBSettings and never add another tweak, you will still be happy. Simply being able to turn settings in your phone on and off quickly and easily is awesome. To turn Bluetooth off without SBSettings you have to click Settings > General > Bluetooth > On. I knew there had to be a better way. With SBSettings, you simply slide the status bar and tap Bluetooth. It cuts the time in half.



You can also use the default SBSettings toggles for so much more than just Bluetooth. You can use it for Wi-Fi, Airplane mode, 3G data, Location services and you can kill processes. All the things you would need to dig around in the settings for are quickly at your fingertips with the default SBSettings toggles.


Springflash



Springflash is a very simple tweak in SBSettings. It places a toggle that allows you to turn your iPhone camera’s flash into a flashlight. I know there are plenty of applications available on the app store that turns your phone into a flashlight, but I prefer not to waste an app on my springboard. It keeps the flashlight quickly accessible but without taking up a precious spot on your screen.


Autocorrection



Sometimes the iPhone auto correct can drive you crazy. It changes words when you do not want them to, and sends what you want it to change. In some situations, it is better to turn it off and handle your own corrections. However, to turn it off by default is a multi step process, so having it in SBSettings makes life a lot easier. It is a simple toggle, but one that is quite useful.


Data Usage



Lately, AT&T has been cracking down on grandfathered unlimited data users, and anyone who uses over two gigabytes in a month is getting their speed throttled. Other users do not have unlimited data at all, and they need to keep close track of how much data they are using. As is the general theme of all these toggles, the data usage toggle makes it quick and easy to do this, without digging through the settings. This toggle not only makes things quicker, but it can actually save you money. Personally, I like saving money, and I like saving our readers money even better.


Rotation Inhibitor



This one I find extremely useful while lying down. A lot of the time when I am lying down, my phone decides to rotate because I am holding it at an angle. This can be annoying, so in this situation I like to turn rotation off, and the quickest way to do this is to add the Rotation Inhibitor SBSettings toggle. With the swipe of a finger and push of a toggle, my iPhone no longer rotates, and that is a good thing.


Remove Background SBSettings




This is a nifty toggle if you like to keep applications from running in the background. With one simple click, you can kill all your apps that are running. If you open a million apps all day, it is not a bad idea to clean out your memory every now and then, and this makes it easier.


Conclusion


With these SBSettings toggles, you will be able to access everything you need, quickly and easily. SBSettings is all about making your life easier, and these additional toggles take an already amazing tweak and make it better. If you own a jailbroken iPhone, you should add these to your SBSettings immediately.


What are some of your favorite SBSettings tweaks? Let us know in the comments!




No comments:

Post a Comment

[Please do not advertise, or post irrelevant links. Thank you for your cooperation.]