MiniBin lets you open and empty your recycle bin from a system tray icon. This would make sense in many different scenarios, e.g. if you find yourself frequently minimizing windows to get to your Recycle Bin, if you like to keep your desktop clean of unnecessary icons, if you use a replacement shell that doesn’t feature an easily accessible recycle bin, or if simply like to try a different way of doing things.
This program does a number of different things:
- It visually represents the size of files in the Recycle bin, and will display the size on mouse hover.
- It allows you to quickly empty or open the Recycle bin via right click.
- You can set it to instantly empty the Recycle bin on double-click
- It takes about 10 megs in memory (which is on the smallish side)
- Includes many looks/skins to choose from.
The verdict: not much to say, except that strangely it makes a lot of sense. Try it, you just may like it.
[Thanks go to reader Panzer for the tip about this software].
Version tested: 188.8.131.52
Compatibility: Microsoft Windows 2000 up to Windows 8.
Go to the program page to download (~ 124K).